5 Ways to Feel Instantly Happier
If YOU can control your happiness (ahem, you CAN), just think of how much more you could accomplish in life. Happiness equates to a positive mindset, and when you know how to self-create that mindset shift to think positively and optimistically, you tend to attract more of that greatness in!
"You reap what you sew" - Grandma Millie. ;)
And she was right.
Here are 5 simple ways you can feel instantly happier:
- Take a deep breathe in through your nose, close your eyes, and as you exhale through your mouth repeat affirmations in your head: 'I am love, I am light, and everything I desire is already within me.'
Repeat 1-5 minutes.
- Get some fresh air, breathe consciously, listen to the sounds around you, and make contact with the Earth... that's right, take those shoes off, feel the dirt between your toes, breathe, listen.
- Get physical. Move your body and increase your heart rate. This will increase circulation, energy, and release endorphins (amongst many other things)!!
- Connect with love. Something as simple as a hug can give you a lift. Or, if no one is near by, call a friend. Conversing and/or experiencing simple touch can be invigorating to the soul.
- Write out your gratefulness. Take out a pen and paper and number 1 - 10. Write out 10 reasons to be grateful today, 10 things that makes you smile or laugh... just keep writing.
All of these steps are simple and impactful. Try them, one or better yet - all. Which step gives you the biggest boost of 'happy'?